Aladdin ‘A-LIGHT’ Bracket for 15mm Bars
Lightweight and tough. Weighs just 40grms (1.4oz)
Clamps securely onto 15mm bars
The Aladdin LED ‘A-Light’ is held on the bracket with velcro
KIT ASSEMBLY - INITIAL PREPARATION
This bracket gives you a quick and easy mounting point for the 'Aladdin' small LED ‘A-Light’ and is used to mount it or any other lightweight device onto standard (60mm pitch) 15mm bars.
Because it is so light, the ‘A-Light’ is simply held in place on the bracket with velcro.
The bracket angle is locked with a single thumbscrew.
This bracket comes in kit form and all the parts are in black To buy this kit
To complete the bracket you will also need;
One 1/4 UNC half-height hexagonal nut (only a 4mm high half-nut will fit)
In the UK, I have found Westfield Fasteners a good source for UNC nuts and bolts and the links above are to their site.
1. Carefully separate the thumbwheel and cap from each other.
Use a sharp knife and be sure to remove all of the supporting sprues.
2. Sometimes slight 3D printing variation means that the fit of the bolt in the printed hole is a little too tight.
If this is the case and the fit is a little too stiff then just widen the hole slightly by pushing a 1/4" bolt back and forth through the
hole until it can slide easily or you can use a drill and 1/4” bit.
3. When you slide the bolt into the thumbwheel, ensure the bolt head is sat all the way down at the bottom.
Sometimes there can be a small build up of excess printing powder on the inside corners of the thumbwheel, so if that’s the
case, just scrape it away before you put the bolt in. This will ensure enough room for the cap to screw into place.
1. Clip the paddle inside the lugs on the base. The lugs will bend slightly as you get the small round protrusion into the end of the paddle but they will spring back.
2. Fit the 1/4" UNC half-nut in its hexagonal hole, on the inside of the end of the paddle.
3. Push the 1/4" UNC x 1/2” bolt into the thumbwheel and make sure that the bolt head is sat all the way at the bottom face inside the thumbwheel otherwise the cap will not fit properly.
4. Screw on the end cap. Once you’re happy that the cap screws on smoothly, you can put a spot of cynoacrylate glue (superglue/Krazyglue) on the cap thread to ensure it doesn’t come loose.
5. Finally use the thumbscrew to lock the two bracket parts together and attach a small strip of 2" velcro to the paddle and then you’re all done!
KIT ASSEMBLY - PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER (refer to the pictures below)
THUMBWHEEL WITH CAP